Fiona is the first in her Italian-American family to learn her ancestors' language. At university in the US, she earned a scholarship and moved to Rome for a semester to improve her Italian. But there's more to the story. To complete an Italian citizenship application, she must obtain a copy of her great-grandfather's birth certificate. This brings her to Sicily. In Sicily, she has several encounters that will forever change the course of her life.
This short story book is meant for lower-intermediate and intermediate learners (A2)
- 17 bite-sized chapters with slow audio narrated by a native speaker (access is free online).
- A set of online flashcards for each chapter
- A bilingual word list at the end of each chapter
- Insights into relevant vocabulary, grammar, and common mistakes made by English speakers when learning and speaking Italian
- Interesting facts about Sicily
- Dialogues and experiences you'll commonly encounter when in Italy
- Review questions for measuring comprehension