This edition of "Due Amiche" comes with a ticket for a 40-minute one-on-one coaching session to discuss the story as well as a writing assignment to help students prepare for the class.
WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE ABOUT?
In this challenge, you’ll get the chance to READ, LISTEN, WRITE, and SPEAK Italian and be held accountable while doing so.
We don't just want to sell you a great learning product; we want to make sure you use it and internalize as much information as possible.
This program is designed to hold you accountable for your commitment to finish reading and learning this story before moving on to the next thing.
Through this challenge,
- You'll improve your listening skills.
- You'll improve your speaking skills through writing (yes, we think writing is the ONE way to speak better Italian).
- You'll learn about Alto Adige through real-life dialogues and events.
- You'll learn an innovative, fun, and smart method to work on your Italian, even independently.
How does it work?
- Get the e-book.
- Within 24 hours of your purchase, I'll circle back to you, and I'll ask you when you'd like to meet for your 1-on-1 class to discuss the story (this should be within 30 days of your purchase) and I'll instruct you on how to complete the assignments (Google Docs based)
- The written assignments can be submitted every Monday within 30 days of the purchase date.
- You'll get feedback on your assignment within 24 hours of submitting it.
Why is my Italian short story series different from the other stories you can find on the market?
- You’ll have access to a slow audio for each chapter, narrated by me.
- You’ll learn to understand Italy (region by region, city by city) from a local perspective.
- You’ll have access to content optimized for learning by a highly qualified instructor.
- You’ll receive a study guide and flashcards, which you can review at any time on Quizlet.
Everything is on Gumroad, so you can read and listen anywhere and anytime!
- present simple
- present perfect (passato prossimo)
- modal verbs
- reflexive verbs
- simple pronouns
- simple prepositions
- indefinite adjectives
- ci vuole / ci vogliono
- c'è / ci sono
What other readers have said:
"I am delighted with your stories. The vocabulary at the end of the story had exactly the words that I did not understand. I will look at the photos soon. This will make the experience unique and personal to my Italian teacher. I do not think that anyone has put their own pictures into stories written for teaching. How wonderful that you can be so creative, teach, write, take photographs, it all feels like magic and inspired. Thank you for being my Italian teacher, and thank you for your contributions to students who love Italy and the Italian language. You are a blessing to all of us."
Lots of love, Barbara (California)
"Serena guides your learning through the adventures of two companions, Costanza and Marina. In the process, you learn Italian as it is used during everyday life in Italy. Reading aloud, listening, and responding to questions help you learn and organize your thoughts in useful and culturally relevant ways. The result is internalization instead of memorization. Each lesson can be completed in a bite sized amount of time and is completely portable, even on your phone! This method makes learning fun and it works. I have been using it with Serena and, during my 7 week trip to explore Italian culture, I was able to communicate almost exclusively in Italian, including meaningful conversations beyond simple travel language. If you are serious about learning Italian, don’t look any further, you have found a true language coach"